This portal is to open public enhancement requests against IBM Cloud and its products. To view all of your ideas submitted to IBM, create and manage groups of Ideas, or create an idea explicitly set to be either visible by all (public) or visible only to you and IBM (private), use the IBM Unified Ideas Portal (https://ideas.ibm.com).
Shape the future of IBM!
We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Search existing ideas
Start by searching and reviewing ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted, and add a comment, vote, or subscribe to updateson them if they matter to you. If you can't find what you are looking for,
Post your ideas
Post an idea.
Get feedback from the IBM team and other customers to refine your idea.
Follow the idea through the IBM Ideas process.
Specific links you will want to bookmark for future use
Support alerting for all services deployed on dedicated/local Bluemix platforms
As an administrator of a client platform, I experienced several situations where applications crashed because of exhausted resources on various services of the platform. It happened with network bandwidth saturation (vyatta) and with Compose RAM (over consumption upto 122%) that hung services and even control over RabbitMQ service instances. All services deployed on Bluemix dedicated SHOULD implement a minimal alerting compliant with the Bluemix notification mechanism. Today only a few situations are notified by Bluemix. Examples of enhancements for services that should generate alerts:
- Compose: Thresholds on storage, RAM, CPU, I/O usage, outage
- Cloudant: Thresholds on storage, RAM, CPU, I/O usage, outage
- Network: Internal and External bandwidth (Vyatta, DirectLink, Fortigate), outage
- Bluemix CF: RAM, CPU over consumption by specific application (cell # should be included in alert), outage
- Docker: Thresholds on storage, RAM, CPU, I/O usage, outage
- GitHub Enterprise: Thresholds on storage, I/O usage, outage
- Continuous Delivery: Thresholds on storage, CPU usage, outage
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.